Monday, June 23, 2008

Post of the year!

I read a ton of blog posts every day. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 to 50. It goes without saying that I don't read every word of every post but I do skim all of them to find the ones that I am interested in. As you may or may not know, there is a synchroblog of some 50 people today posting on the word "missional" (the rest of the folks are listed at the bottom of David's post). I guess it is the nature of my interests but about a dozen of the people taking part are in my google reader. This link will take you to what is, right now, the best post I've read this year. I guess it is because I'm a recovering mega-church member. My family and I have been a part of 3 different mega-churches over the past 10 years in 3 different cities and two different states. There are many positive things about mega-churches but in the end, we decided that for us, the negatives (probably not the right word) outweighed the positives. I've struggled to put my feelings into words on why we had to leave LifeChurch but, where I have failed, David Fitch has excelled. Do you ever read something that makes you wonder if that person has been offloading brainwaves from you? That was this post for me.

No comments: